Survivor IMDb 52: Halloween Harvest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge]

Go down

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] Empty Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge]

Post by Gizmo44 Mon 16 Sep - 16:14:43

Okay.  Well, here's another slightly backlogged confessional about the fourth challenge.  So, I log on about an hour before the challenge, since my tribe needs all the help we can get.

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] Tumblr_mrwqq9UYlM1qk08n1o1_500

Just like GinaMarie.  Aw..., damn.  We can't get anything going.  But, we soldier on!  Kind of.  As soon as we get our group conversation going, Neil says that James isn't going to be here for the challenge.  Oh, geez.  Well..., if this isn't setting us up for failure, I don't know what is.  I'm still optimistic though, even more so once John says only two people are needed for each tribe.

Two people?  YES!  We have three people!  We should be 1.5 times better for once!

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] Tiger_fist

Even Tiger is pumped!

So, we post that David and I will be doing the challenge.  Neil says he's not too strong at challenges and I'm decent at them.  David can kill it in challenges..., so I think we've got a good team with the three of us.  [Spoiler:  We don't.]

When the puzzle challenge comes up and we get the description, David instantly starts looking up confusing patterns that would make for a great puzzle.  Unfortunately, I believe he held the rules in haste and didn't really realize that if he made the puzzle..., I'd have to SOLVE the puzzles.

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] Snakes_he_hates_snakes

I pretty much hate puzzles as much, if not more, than Indiana Jones hates snakes.  I try to Google pictures of "Where's Waldo" or schools of fish as my puzzle, in order to confuse the SOCKS off of the other teams.  However, with Internet Explorer

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] Who-are-we-what-do-we-want-browsers

So..., even though I look up great pictures, save them to my computer, then try to upload them into the puzzle maker..., it doesn't work because the internet takes too long and won't make the puzzle.  Welp..., I tried.  So, after panicking, I learn that David submitted his puzzle.  Which, still means I'll have to solve them.  Once the puzzles are posted, I start from the top to the bottom (except I skip over Harley's "female dog" of a puzzle and do the last two before that).

All the while, David is also working on the puzzle.  I'm left kind of wondering..., "Um...., okay?  Why are you doing the puzzle?  Neil seemed to be on the same page as myself and we talking about I was the only one who could submit the puzzles and win the challenge by having the slowest times for solving the puzzles (I definitely did NOT realize that..., I thought it was the time you submitted your answers to John that got the time deducted.  Eh..., we probably would have still lost.

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] 3rvhg3

^^ Hey!  It's the Team Bates Train!  Nonetheless, I struggle with the puzzles, which are still not my thing and I manage to send the puzzles in, after some discussion with David about improving our times.  I don't know if I could improve on those times, unless I had a whole day to work on it, lol.

No shocker here..., but we lost.  At least we weren't dead last..., but I imagine maybe the other tribe threw the challenge to get rid of someone.  It's not a 100% sure thing..., but I'm surprised we came in 3rd.  Maybe others are worse at puzzles than me?  That's comforting.

So..., after losing yet another challenge, it's time for the vote off.  That'll be another confessional.  I'm hoping I'm racking some big points with my lengthy confessionals.  I hope it's just not number of them..., because I could do 5 or 6 for the length of one of my normal ones..., but I roll them all together to save space.

As we consider the vote, I can't help but think a jump-to-conclusions mat would be perfect about now:

Oregon 59 - Tennesse 14 [Post Fouth Challenge] Jump-to-conclusions-mat

I hope we land on the "jump again."  I could use a second shot with that puzzle challenge...

~Lacey

Gizmo44

Back to top Go down