Survivor IMDb 52: Halloween Harvest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's Why The Box is So Small [Post- Second Challenge]

Go down

That's Why The Box is So Small [Post- Second Challenge] Empty That's Why The Box is So Small [Post- Second Challenge]

Post by Gizmo44 Thu 12 Sep - 15:47:50

Okay.  Well, I figured I would just do a little recap from last night's challenge.  So, ultimately, my tribe lost.  How we got there..., that was a little more creative.  (If it sounds like I'm bitter in this post, I'm really not..., I'm just reflecting on things and trying to be more objective)

Going into things (Tuesday night), we knew a couple people were going to be questionable for the challenge.  JB had prior obligations that might impair his capabilities with the challenge and I believe Neil was iffy on attending.  Vogue is just a wild card on our tribe..., so I guess we thought about sitting her out.

However, due to the JB situation, Neil spoke with me and I agreed (so we're all at fault), about sitting out JB.  We figured he wasn't going to be here and Vogue should have been (ideally).  Neil's reasoning was also that if we won the challenge, we'd want to sit Vogue out for the next one and want a healthy JB to play.  Obviously..., that was an error in judgment.  We sit out JB, who actually shows up and chills in the Skype chat and Vogue is nowhere to be seen.

The challenge starts and instead of our "Fab Five" (oh wait, Fierce Five...(You can't say Fab Five)), we only have David (It feels weird to not type Maniac, lol), myself, and Neil.  Case36 apparently fell asleep.  Now, I know accidents happen..., but...., why.  It's not even frustrating.., but just kind of disappointing.  It's like when you lose a little league game and your Dad tries to cheer you up..., but you're like "Dad..., we still lost."  Which is aptly why I titled this post the way I did.  In the future, it's taught me to always have an alarm clock set or something in case I felt fall asleep during a challenge, lol.

In golf (random..., but you'll see the point), you only record one score per hole.  It doesn't matter if you're el Tiger or me.  A 5 is a 5 is a 5.  Or, conversely..., in my worse cases..., an 8 is an 8 is an 8.  In real life, 9/10, statistics don't matter (Even though I just used the statistic 9 out of 10, or 90%.  I guess that's the one (1) time, lol).  I always talk with my friends about the random stats that announcers throw at you.

Now, Bob.  Tiger has not had more than three three-putts on a rainy Saturday after shooting 72 and 69 on an Eastern coast golf tournament since his fifth year on tour back in 2003.
Obviously, those really specific statistics don't matter.  They really mean nothing.  Which is ultimately why knowing we were six seconds too slow doesn't really mean much.  Did it make me feel better about having to vote someone off?  A little..., just to lose a little dead weight and make for an active tribe..., but overall, no.  A lose is still a lose.  A 7 is a 7, regardless of if you hit it into the water twice and drain a 21-footer or if you play up the fairway and 3 putt.  My Dad would always "That's why the box is so small" when I'd say, "Well, it was almost a 3."

Just like in golf, in Survivor, there's no almost.

We almost didn't have to vote someone off today.  Oh wait, we did.

I was also trying to find a good GIF to end the confessional on..., but everything I found was absolutely DEPRESSING.  So..., here's Charlie Brown..., looking at the snow.

That's Why The Box is So Small [Post- Second Challenge] Tumblr_mdy6ir3DvS1rn0vh6o1_500

~Lacey

Gizmo44

Back to top Go down