Survivor IMDb 52: Halloween Harvest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't put my arms down! [Post First-Challenge]

Go down

I can't put my arms down! [Post First-Challenge] Empty I can't put my arms down! [Post First-Challenge]

Post by Gizmo44 Wed 11 Sep - 21:24:14

**Note:  I was originally going to post this yesterday (September 10th), but there was an issue with the forum.**  (The title is a reference to "A Christmas Story")

Well, it's after the first challenge.  Luckily, Tribe Bates was able to bring home the win and things are..., looking kind of difficult.  Not too much occurred until I logged onto Skype before the challenge.

I sent messages to both Will and Daniel.  I mean, since I'm going to be open here, I sent this to Will:

Hey!

image for user Gizmo44
from
Gizmo44
» 5 hours ago (Tue Sep 10 2013 12:57:35)  
IMDb member since May 2004

Hey there, Will! I wanted to message you and see how you've been doing. It's been awhile since we talked. How have you been? I also noticed we're both in Season 52 of Survivor. I know you're always a level-headed and nice player, so I wanted to touch base with you and possibly open the lines of communication. Is there any chance you'd be free to talk tonight on Skype after the challenge?

~Lacey
He answered back shortly afterwards with this:

hey girl

image for user DubyaCeeDubya
from
DubyaCeeDubya
» 5 hours ago (Tue Sep 10 2013 13:19:00)  
   Delete | Reply

IMDb member since September 2010

glad to see you joined the game, ill be late for the challenge as I have night school tonight until 9, but ill be on around 930

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772778/board/threads
Overall, I feel it's a good start.  I figured with Will, I shouldn't just jump into things, so I wanted to ease into them and hopefully talk about having each others' backs and voting together come merge.  It doesn't need to be anything too serious, but I do want to be well protected.  As for my message to Daniel:

Hey there!

image for user Gizmo44
from
Gizmo44
» 5 hours ago (Tue Sep 10 2013 13:02:02)  
IMDb member since May 2004

Hey there, Daniel! How have you been doing? I wanted to touch base with you, since we haven't talked too much after Robbie's game. I noticed we're both in S52 and I wanted to see if you would want to make a slight deal of not voting each other out and working together if we're both on the same tribe at some point. Do you think you'd be free to talk after the challenge tonight on Skype?

~Lacey
His answer:

Hey!

image for user DanielB194
from
DanielB194
» 4 hours ago (Tue Sep 10 2013 14:36:20)  
   Delete | Reply

IMDb member since January 2008

Sure thing!!
That's good too.  I'm not getting too ahead of myself and obviously I'll update things as they happen.

Now, I had another tricky situation.  Mikey messaged me when I got online and discussed Neil.  He told me that someone on my tribe is up to no good and they're telling people are on secret tribes that they're not to stir up drama.  He basically said it was Neil.  I don't know though.  I mean, it'd be a dirty tactic, but, I expressed skepticism in the validity of what I hear from others about the secret tribes (like with the GIF and the name).  I've been the only one to actually credit whatever my secret tribe name is with two "o"'s.  I was informed to keep it on the downlow, which I am doing.

THE CHALLENGE

Now, with the challenge, xSayVogue wasn't there..., but we managed.  And, by managed, I mean, we didn't.  I would go so to call it a cluster (it wasn't necessarily that bad), but we had absolutely no idea of what the first answer was.  We knew and understood the rules..., but beyond that..., we were a joke.  Our management and intelligence skills with unscrambling those two movies were non-existent.  Someone mentioned messaging Tribe Pazuru about the answers.

After thinking for a second, I figured that was a great idea!  So, I messaged my only real contact on their tribe (so far), Mikey, and asked him for the answer.  He gladly gave it to me (Thank you, Mikey! You're a lifesaver for when you see this once the confessionals are open!) and I showed my tribe.  Of course, they're asking if I solved it or asked someone.

MISTAKE 1:  The first mistake I've made so far in this game is saying:

I'm not that smart, lol.  I asked a friend
Ugh.  Lacey!  Get your act together  Obviously they're asking who it was and I say:

A friend, lol.  I don't want to name names, lol.
I mean, yes, it was Mikey.  But it's bad for a couple reasons:

1.  People will think Mikey and I are working together (which we are, since Cherry, Mikey, and myself are going to trade information and watch out for each other)
2.  It makes it look like I have connections on other tribes (I do.  I need to stay safe)
3.  Neil and Mikey are angst-fueled towards each other.  I'm not going to fuel the fire and potentially hurt my game play.  I like both of them equally and consider them both to be great friends.
4.  I look suspicious as FUDGE for not actually telling them.  Okay, well, I told James.  He's my Final 2 and I need complete trust with him.  I also explained with the differences between Neil and Mikey, I didn't want things to get too tense or awkward.

But, besides that...,not too much else has happened.  I feel we were able to delay the evitable tribal council where something not necessarily great will happen.  Our tribe doesn't look like we'll be in great force tomorrow, so we'll see.

In response to not taking credit for the answer:

I can't put my arms down! [Post First-Challenge] Oh-fudge-o

I can't put my arms down! [Post First-Challenge] Lucy%20Football

Better luck for myself next time....

~Lacey

Gizmo44

Back to top Go down