Survivor IMDb 52: Halloween Harvest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So You've Never Been to a Real School Before? [Post-Third Challenge]

Go down

So You've Never Been to a Real School Before? [Post-Third Challenge] Empty So You've Never Been to a Real School Before? [Post-Third Challenge]

Post by Gizmo44 Mon 16 Sep - 14:50:54

Okay, well..., I know that this is long overdue..., but I'm finally going back and giving my thoughts on the different challenges and the voting and all.  I guess it'll be good/interesting for the hosts and other players to see once the confessionals are opened.  Nonetheless, let's get started.

So, the challenge ended up being one of the competitions to identify a picture from a horror movie.  Ultimately, while I'd like to think I'm well-rounded in terms of the movies and television shows I watch..., clearly I underestimated my ability to analyze and recognize horror movie screenshots.  It's also a speed challenge..., which I'm not built for speed.  I've never been one for speed, even in real life.  Back in elementary school and growing up, I always disliked when people would say "I'll race you to that next mailbox or down to the fieldgoal and back."  Like, really?  I don't think these distances accurately represent my running abilities.  However, being a kid, you always say "You're on!"

Yeah, it wasn't on.  I was typically the slowest person there.  Relays weren't too bad, because the slower individuals, myself included, were dispersed between all the teams, almost like an obstacle to overcome, lol.  Anyway, I always wondered why no one ever wanted to do endurance and long runs growing up.  The fact that we're like twelve and knew a couple blocks in our small world and that was it..., long runs weren't really an option.  That said, I'm no beast at endurance competitions (I don't believe I've ever won one)..., but I would definitely try my hardest and with long distance running, I clean up shop.

Anyway, back to the challenge.  So..., I knew I was destined to fail.  Lack of horror movie knowledge (I watched Ramona and Beezus earlier today..., which is about as far as you can get from horror), coupled with the fact I'm rocking Internet Explorer instead of a real web browser..., it wasn't going to happen..., but I was still optimistic.

My whole tribe (minus James who was sitting out) is in a group thread, willing to help each other out.  Great!  I'm not alone here.  The biggest downside was the load time for the pictures.  Tinypic must loathe Internet Explorer and I missed the memo for when ads are supposed to load before the actual content.  It's basically like playing golf and you feel everyone else is stroking (getting a swing or stroke off on more difficult holes) and you're struggling, thinking you need more strokes.

Neil gets the first one right.  I've never seen It..., so I was definitely in the dark.  I don't think the page loaded by the time someone else (Neil or David) said what the movie was.  I was picked in the second round and I was eliminated.  In the big picture, I guess that's good and bad.  I mean, it's bad because it was one less person to win the challenge for us..., but good because I probably could have gone one more round and then collapsed like a cheap tent.  I'd rather be not remembered for going out early than being Neil (This is not a dig at Neil at all..., I'm just using him as the typical person in the position) and getting so close to winning and losing.  No one remembers the nameless people who get out early.  But, they remember the runner up (like Mickleson being the five time runner up at the U.S. Open).  Who won those years?  No one remembers.  They just remember the "first loser" (second place).

Anyway, the rounds go on and, I'm not going to lie.., I didn't contribute nearly as much as I should have.  Well, I don't think I helped at all.  I'm not the fastest.  I'm not a horror movie buff.  Unless there was a Cube picture or a horrible knock-off zombie movie that was on sale at a closing video store..., I was out of luck.  Neil manages (Mad props!) to make it down to the end and we lose....by one second.

Was I upset we lost?  You bet.  I wanted to win and keep the five of us strong.  But, just like an Agatha Christy novel..., it's not that easy.

That's all for this confessional on the challenge.  In the next one, I'm going to talk about the voting process after this challenge.  I had to throw in some bold moves.

So You've Never Been to a Real School Before? [Post-Third Challenge] Lucy-charlie-brown-christmas-snow

Just like Lucy..., no one on our tribe is happy we lost.  We need tribal insurance.  In case of losing a challenge, if your tribe purchased it, you can be reimbursed and given the win.  Definitely something to consider....

~Lacey

Gizmo44

Back to top Go down